What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an internationally owned and globally recognized direct English language assessment of the utmost superiority and integrity readily available throughout the world. IELTS test is a highly dependable, practical and valid English language assessment primarily used by those seeking international education, professional recognition, bench-marking to international standards and global mobility. IELTS exam is owned, developed and delivered through the partnership of the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. IELTS test helps students show their aptitude to take the courses in English. The universities - mostly from USA, New Zealand, and Australia, seek for IELTS test report as an admission requirement. The score that students must obtain for eligible in the University depends upon the course and the Chosen University.
The International English Language Testing System assesses the standard of English of students wanting to pursue further study in English speaking countries. It examines the four skills of English language: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. This test is jointly administered by the university of Cambridge ESOL exams, British Council and IDP – IELTS Australia.
|Academic Module||General Training Module|
|4 sections||40 questions Approx. 30 + 10 minutes|
|Academic Reading||GT Reading|
|3 sections 40 questions 60 minutes||3 sections 40 questions 60 minutes|
|Academic Writing||GT Writing|
|2 tasks 2 questions 20+40=60 minutes||2 tasks 2 questions 20+40=60 minutes|
|3 parts||11 – 14 minutes|
IELTS Preparation at EGE
IELTS scores are rated along a band scale (0 – 9). Normally, the cut-off band scores 6 (competent user) and 7 (good user) are accepted for the entry into most of the educational institutions in Canada, Australia, USA and other English speaking countries.
1. 8 weeks of classes
2. An hour of instruction daily from Monday to Friday.
3. Saturday is a holiday
4. Sunday is for full length testing.
1. There’s a scholarship for everyone at EGE. Ask the friendly counselor on duty what YOUR scholarship is worth.
1. You get a FREE book (A Book for IELTS) and 2 CDs with it for Listening.
1. LCD Projector, Lab, and Conventional.
2. Most lessons are taught conventionally because IELTS is a paper based test.
• Air Conditioned comfort.
• Dozens of tests in books for your practice.
• CD players available for Listening Practice.
• Borrowing facility also available for students who have a premier membership in the library.